It’s statistics time! If you’re a digital marketing nerd, then you’ll love these digital marketing statistics!
1. Better content can drive up to 2,000 percent of traffic to a blog.
2. Google brought in 67% of the total organic traffic of all smartphones in May 2020. During this same time period, Google was responsible for 94% of the total organic traffic.
3. As of January 2020, approximately 95.88 percent of all Google searches contain four words or more.
4. In order to increase and maintain search presence, enterprises and mid-size companies rely more on technical SEO and content development.
5. 18% of all local searches result in a sale within one day. Seventy-two percent of people who visit a physical location will choose
one within 5 miles of their starting point. Mobile devices will have an impact on more than $1.4 trillion in local sales by 2021.
6. When it comes to how fast a website loads, when people land on a company site, they’ll only give two seconds of their time. Anything longer than that increases bounce rates by 50%.
7. Ninety percent of searchers haven’t decided on a brand before beginning their search.
8. Including a video thumbnail in search results can more than double your search traffic.
9. Approximately one-twelfth of the websites on Google’s front page are HTTPS. Almost 85% of people will abandon a purchase if they are dealing with an untrustworthy website.
10. Video has increased traffic to their website, according to 87 percent of video marketers.
11. 69 percent of searchers will use their phone to help them make an in-store purchase decision.
12. Every second of the day, Google receives an average of 83,787 searches.
13. Promotional ads or links should not take up more than 15% of a web page; otherwise, they may be penalized by Google.
14. According to studies, more than half of all smartphone users will use voice technology on their device by 2020. According to projections,
the number of digital voice assistants will reach around eight billion units by 2023, which is more than the world’s population.
15. In traditional outbound methods such as cold-calling or direct mail, SEO has a conversion rate of 14.6 percent compared to 1.7 percent.
16. 86 percent of people look for directions to a location on Google maps.
17. Search results will always show only 7 percent of searchers on the third page.
18. According to 65 percent of marketers, link building is the most difficult SEO tactic to achieve.
19. Organic SEO is approximately 5.66 times higher than paid search ads, based on the numbers. But if businesses don’t have the time to invest
in organic SEO, experts still recommend paid search ads. In total, organic search generated 33 percent and paid search generated 32
20. Google has an average CTR of 31.7 percent for the number one search result.
21. 35 percent of all WordPress sites around the world are represented by WordPress, although only about 40 percent are up-to-date.
What’s Your SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.