Here's Why You Should Be Adding 100 Images
to Your Business Listing
Visual quality plays a big role when it comes to promoting your local business online. With the rise of visually heavy platforms like Instagram and Yelp, their importance is only growing. Simply put, customers want to see what they are getting for their money.
Photos are a big part of the Google My Business (GMB) platform. They demonstrate just how important looking your best is for attracting consumers.
- Businesses that have more photos uploaded into GMB get more attention. Businesses receive more website clicks, phone calls, and direction requests.
- These images are often close to the CTAs.
- The presence of more photos in a GMB listing increases the chance of customer moving from discovery to conversion.
- A business with over 100 photos gets over 500 percent more calls than a typical business. Those with a single image get 71 percent fewer.
- A business with over 100 photos gets over 2700 percent more requests for directions compared to a typical business. Those with a single image get 75 percent fewer.
- A business with over 100 photos gets over 1050 percent more website clicks than a typical business. Those with a single image get 65 percent less.
- A business that has more GMB photos will get more views via search and more views on maps.
Get Found on Google Maps
- A business that has over 100 photos has almost 1000 percent more search views compared to an average business. A business with just one photo gets 62 percent.
- A business that has over 100 images gets almost 3500 percent more map views than a typical business. Those with one photo gets 71 percent less.
- A business that has more GMB images appear in more direct searches and discovery searches
Direct Searches vs. Discovery Searches
- A business with over 100 photos gets over 700 percent more discovery searches than a typical business. Those with one photo get 65 percent fewer.
- A business with over 100 photos gets over 1000 percent more direct searches than a typical business. Those with a single photo gets 71 percent fewer.
Is It the Photos or Something Else?
Posting Your Own GMB Photos
Getting Customers to Post Them
Encourage your customers to post photos of your business.
Google-using customers may get a request to review your business after they leave. You can also request a review from them yourself.
Ask customers to snap shot their experience in your business. Car dealers do this by asking customers if they want a picture of their new luxury car. The customer gets a great photo. The dealer gets a photo that the customer can use in a review.
For service companies, like plumbers or decorators, who want to increase local search performance, ask for photos of the completed handiwork. You make the customer happy, and the customer has a photo to upload.
Here’s a trick you can use. Create an interesting wall or area of your office where clients will want to take a selfie. The clients get a great photo. You get the potential of a photo-loaded review.
What’s Your SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.